18 Aug 2011

Meet the Rebels - Jack Dancer

The story so far .....

We've been jumping into the mind of New Eden's criminal combat pilots. The Black Rebel Rifter Club decided to distribute into the public domain a series of standardised press interviews that were conducted at various locations across the cluster. The following short transcripts are in the words of the journalist who conducted the meetings and their identities have been hidden by request.

MB.


---

Jack Dancer is your stereotypical Black Rebel, Brutor origin, greased up hair, social outcast and eyeballs that look like they could cut shapes out of lead - and of course wearing the trademark Black Jacket.


Jack Dancer




How did you become a Black Rebel?

I was mining to scrabble together some ISK for a six pack of Quafe (I had a seriously unhealthy Quafe habit back then) when my ore container was tipped by a Rifter. He grabbed my veldspar and just sat there. Smug. Disgusting. Arrogant. I took a shot at him with my mining laser just to let him know I didn’t appreciate his attitude. Next thing I knew I woke up in a clone bath. But there was a message for me saying that if I had the guts to shoot a rifter with a mining laser then I might like to join the Black Rebels. It sounded like a better life than mining veldspar to pay for Quafe – so I joined. It was a good decision.



What were you doing before you joined the Black Rebels?

Barely surviving. Waking up hoping that I had a cold Quafe (or any Quafe) next to wherever I woke up. Scrounging for ISK to keep my cheap ships together. It wasn’t a good time in my life.



What is a Black Rebel?

Black Rebels are free from rules or expectations. Friends when you need them, absent when you don’t. Noise, dirt, suffering (not us – our enemies), and chicks. Lotsa chicks – they dig the black leather and fast Rifters.



Is it true you need a tattoo to be considered for entry?

Nobody tells a Black Rebel what to wear, how to look, or what to do. Nobody. Next question.



The Rifter, tell me more?

A dream ship – fast, maneuverable, cheaper than any enemy. Nobody wants to see a Rifter on their d-scan. Nobody. Even when we lose we make ISK on the insurance. It’s a beautiful setup. Imagine screaming in from 12k with afterburners overheating, warp scrambler reaching out to it’s limit to grab at some petrified victim, the scream of the projectiles slamming into the barrels on their way to death and mayhem. Sweet Mother of Destruction! It’s the best! I hope to never fly any other ship. What’s the point when you’ve flown the best?



Are all Black Rebels unwashed scumbags whose only goal in life is to terrorize those they tag as 'the enemy'?

Most are, but some aren’t so sophisticated – they can be an ugly bunch.



Tell me about your corpmates?

A famous man once called one of our local hangouts “a wretched hive of scum and villany.” That seems pretty close to the mark – but with some very nice moustaches too.



Describe a typical day in the life of a Rebel.

Hours of ennui followed by seconds of heart stopping adrenalin rush. It’s not as glamorous as the 3D’s might make you think – finding a target is hard work, but well worth the payoff. And for me there’s the weekly QA meetings. I’ve been clean for 4 months and 3 days now.



End of transcript ////

2 comments:

  1. Best bio yet! Oh, wait, maybe I'm not a fair judge...

    Thanks Miura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that Jack, very entertaining!

    Nobody tells a Black Rebel what to wear, how to look, or what to do. Nobody. Next question. - Perfect answer!

    ReplyDelete