9 Jul 2011

Meet the Rebels - Grernandez

The Ingot over in Hek was my next port of call in my quest to get the scoop on the Black Rebels. In what I could only describe as a 'dive' and a not very welcoming place to be, I ordered a drink and made my way over to Grernandez, a Rebel who looked every bit the stereotype I had these guys down as. Scary.

"Hey, Grernandez here, nice tie" ....

Grernandez




Mate I hope you know for the duration of this interview all drinks are on you.

*waves down a waiter*

another whiskey on the rocks thanks.


Tell us a little bit about your background in New Eden / What you were doing before you joined the Black Rebels?

Well I suppose unsurprisingly I started off in the military. Got my training from them and eventually they offered me a commission as a podder. I jumped at the chance. That’s when I really got my taste for combat. I served out my commission then left.

Headed out to null sec after that, better pay out there and either way you’re fighting another man’s war. But eventually all the ridiculous times ops were scheduled at got the better of me, not to mention I got tired of dealing with the politics that go on in a coalition of that size. So decided to work for myself let the others do the hard work for me...

How did you become a Black Rebel / How did you hear about the Black Rebels?

When I hit low sec I hooked up with another group of like minded fellows, flew with them for a while, but see I had heard of Miura before and when I noticed the headlines on the news feed about the Rebels I thought I’d look them up, a short while later I was chucking on a black jacket.

What is a Black Rebel?

Suppose a rebel is whatever they want to be. We are regarded as criminals but it’s a life of freedom. Loyalty to your wing mates and slight bit of honour on the field is something we all share though.

Is it true you need a tattoo to be considered for entry?

Ahahahahhaha, no it isn’t a hard and fast rule but, take a look at my face I think you can tell I like ink.

The Rifter, tell me more?

In my opinion by far one of the best ships out there. A joy to fly handles brilliantly and combines survivability speed and the brute force of a custom autocannon. I do all the work on mine myself modified engine housing, adjusted thruster jets, remade gun mounts and ammo feed and I add a bit of special boom to my ammo but that’s not something I’m going to tell you about.

Are all Black Rebels unwashed scumbags whose only goal in life is to terrorize those they tag as 'the enemy'?

Terrorize whoever is tagged as their enemy, yes for sure, its rather amusing really and can be very profitable. But nah most of us take a shower daily. Except for Miura that is...

Tell me about your corpmates?

Aaah the guys they are a good bunch for sure. There was this one time, two thorax class cruisers in a belt and me in my rifter. Well suffice to say that is a mighty uneven fight, basically suicide. But I engaged anyway to make sure they couldn’t escape, then I gave Meatbix and Haerod a yell and they came to my rescue and we even bagged one of the thorax's.


Describe a typical day in the life of a Rebel.

Get up, get in a ship and start flying towards the nearest fight in a sea of stars.


End of transcript ////

No comments:

Post a Comment